Python – IntroductionPython is an Object Oriented, Interpreted and high-level programming language. It is best suited for rapid application development because of it’s high level built in dynamic data structures, combined with dynamic typing and dynamic binding.
Python is simple and easy to understand. It supports packages and modules which enable the developers to use features like program modularity and code reuse.
Python statements can be interpreted in a number of operating systems like Unix, Mac, Dos, OS/2, windows and more. Python is open source and freely available for modification and reuse around the world with a significant number of users.
Python is a multi purpose language and designed not to do just one thing. Python can also be used to develop web applications. Python can also be used to develop games, 3-D designer studios, scripts, operating system support libraries and much more.
Features of Python
- Simple yet powerful language with easy to read syntax.
- Free and open source.
- Object Oriented and high-level programming language.
- Portable and can run on all platforms.
- Extensive standard libraries.
- Support for GUI development – We can develop an interactive user interface using python to provide better visualization to the user.
- Extensible – Python can integrate with other programming languages like Java, C and C++ easily.
- Interpreted language – Python code does not compile before execution. It is just similar to PHP.
- It supports automatic garbage collection so we don’t need to worry about memory leak and object destruction when not in use anymore.
- Python supports high level data types and automatic data type checking at run time.
- Python provides support for most of the database vendors as well.
- Python is also be used as scripting language.